Barbeque champion Chris Hart created this dish for Cuisinart BBQ using the Clermont Pellet Grill & Smoker. Thinly sliced russet potatoes layered with garlic, thyme, cream, and cheese create a fantastic comfort food side dish for your Easter feast.
4 large russet potatoes
3 ounces salted butter, room temperature
¼ cup minced Garlic
1/8 cup minced Thyme
3 teaspoons Kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 sprig fresh thyme
No nutrition information available
- Set the Clermont Pellet Grill & Smoker to 350°F
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes into even pieces using a mandolin or by hand.
- Generously grease the 10” Cuisinart cast iron pan with butter.
- Sprinkle bottom of pan with 1/3 of the garlic and thyme.
- Arrange potato slices with edges overlapping in a single layer.
- Top with 1/3 salt, 1/3 pepper, 1/3 cream, and 1/3 cheese
- Sprinkle with another 1/3 of garlic, thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat for two more layers.
- Pour the heavy cream over the potatoes, but reserve cheese.
- Cover in foil, press down firmly to remove air, crimp the foil to the edges of the pan, and place another pan on top of the foil.
- Place on Clermont center rack for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender.
- Remove the pan from the Clermont turn temperature up to 450°F.
- Remove foil, sprinkle top with the cheese, return the cast iron pan to the Clermont and cook until cheese is melted, the dish is bubbling, about another 15 minutes.
- Ready to serve.