A recipe from the Sizzle & Smoke Backyard BBQ recipe series on the Cuisinart Woodcreek 4-in-1 Pellet Grill with Full Heart Hospitality, featuring Chef Matt Jennings and Mixologist Silas Axtell.
No servings information available
- 2 pounds new potatoes, pre-boiled until cooked through, cooled and cut into 1” dice
- 1 medium Spanish onion, cut in half, lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons canola or blended oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4-6 chives, sliced thin
No nutrition information available
- Set the Woodcreek grill to sear. Toss the cooled, diced potatoes with 1-2 tablespoons of the canola oil. Season them with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sear them on the cast iron skillet insert on a very hot Woodcreek grill set to sear.
- Drizzle the remaining canola oil on the onion and peppers and grill-roast them on a hot area of the grill, so as to gently char the cut face of the onion and blister the and roast the peppers. Set peppers aside.
- Once caramelized and charred, remove the onion and peppers from the grill and allow to cool. When cool, coarsely chop or slice. Add the chopped onion to the cast iron skillet insert with the potatoes.
- Toss the potatoes and onions to combine- continue to caramelize and sear. When potatoes are browning and onion is charred and caramelized, remove the mixture from the griddle and place into a medium bowl. Toss them to combine well and add the lemon juice and zest. Add the chives. Toss well to combine. Check seasoning.