1½ pounds of sweet potatoes
½ medium yellow onion
2 large eggs
¼ cup matzo meal
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup canola oil
No nutrition information available
- Pre-heat Woodcreek with griddle insert over firepot at 400°F.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes well, but do not peel. Cut each potato in half lengthwise.
- Cut onion in half, remove ends and outer peel.
- Grate the potatoes and onion using the shredding disk of a food processor or hand grater, and place in medium bowl.
- Add the eggs and matzo meal, salt, and pepper to the bowl of potato-onion mixture.
- Drizzle the oil on to the pre-heated griddle insert.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture onto griddle top. Flatten with your spatula to a 4-inch patty.
- Repeat until the pan is full but the latkes aren't crowded.
- Cook until deeply golden-brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side, adjusting the heat if necessary.
- Transfer the latkes to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with sour cream and homemade apple sauce.