Barbeque champion Chris Hart created this dish for Cuisinart BBQ using the Clermont Pellet Grill & Smoker. We are charring these fresh spring vegetables and drizzling them with a fresh mint vinaigrette. Perfect bright colors and flavors fit for an Easter feast.
2 cups mint leaves, chiffonade
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons Kosher salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 spring onion
2 medium zucchini
1 bunch of asparagus
½ pound sugar snap peas
½ cup canola oil
½ red onion
½ cup mint leaves for garnish
No nutrition information available
- Chiffonade mint and add to mixing bowl.
- Juice the lemon and add the bowl of mint.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking the lemon juice and mint until combined.
- Season with ⅓ salt and pepper
- Set vinaigrette aside in refrigerator.
- Scrub carrots and slice in half lengthwise.
- Slice spring onion in half lengthwise.
- Slice Zucchinis in quarters lengthwise.
- Remove end pieces of asparagus.
- Pick ends off sugar snap peas.
- Set Clermont to 350°F, open the sear plate, and remove the two upper shelves.
- On a large platter add the vegetables and drizzle with canola oil.
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Grill all vegetables (except sugar snap peas) directly over the fire for several minutes until just tender, turning occasionally, and moving off to the side once a bit charred.
- Place grill basket over fire and add sugar snap peas.
- Grill until just tender and charred.
- Arrange charred vegetables on a platter, drizzle with mint vinaigrette.
- Garnish with thinly sliced red onion and mint leaves.
- Ready to serve.