A simple recipe to prepare when time is short!
Makes about 2 cups
½ small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
¼ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
2 cups turkey stock or chicken broth
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Nutritional information per serving (⅓ cup): Calories 93 (73% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 1g • fat 8g • sat. fat 5g • Col. 20mg • sod. 107mg • calc. 3mg • fiber 0g
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add ½ small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces, to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
2. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Stirring Paddle and add ¼ cup unsalted butter. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed.
4. The cooking time is set to 8 minutes at 250°F on Speed 4.
5. Add ¼ cup all-purpose flour. An additional 3 minutes of cooking time will be added at 205°F on Speed 4.
6. Scrape the bowl. 15 minutes of cooking time is set at 205°F on speed 4. When started, add 2 cups chicken broth slowly, a little at a time, to incorporate fully between each addition.
7. Stir in ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon ground pepper.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference. Strain if desired.