Barbeque champion Chris Hart created this dish for Cuisinart BBQ using the Clermont Pellet Grill & Smoker. We are charring these fresh spring vegetables and drizzling them with a fresh mint vinaigrette. Perfect bright colors and flavors fit for an Easter feast.
2 racks Pork spareribs trimmed St Louis Style
¼ cup Onion salt or Cuisinart Roasted Garlic Chipotle Seasoning
½ cup Sweet BBQ dry rub or Cuisinart KC Sweet Seasoning
1 tablespoon Cayenne pepper or Cuisinart Nashville Hot Seasoning
1 1/2 cups Pitmaster Competition Style BBQ Sauce, warmed
No nutrition information available
- Pre-heat the Cuisinart Clermont Pellet Grill and Smoker to 225°F
- Trim down the spareribs to a St. Louis cut by removing the breastbone section below the bottom of the rib bone and any flap meat creating an even square rack of ribs.
- Peel the membrane off the back of the ribs using a paper towel.
- Season bone side of ribs well with the half of each dry rub and then flip and season the meat side with remaining dry rub.
- Place the ribs on the Clermont upper rack, meat side up, and smoke for 3 hours.
- Tear off 2 sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Remove ribs from the pellet grill and position each rack meat side down onto a piece of foil.
- Wrap tightly, being careful not to break the foil, and return to the smoker. Continue cooking for 2 hours.
- Remove ribs, open foil, and brush the bone side with warm BBQ sauce, flip the ribs, brush the meat side with sauce and return to the pellet grill.
- Raise the temperature to 275°F and cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Until sauce glaze is set.
- Carefully remove and place ribs meat side down of a cutting board and slice.
- Place the ribs on a serving platter and drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of the ground dry rub.