Store leftover tea in the refrigerator and serve over ice for a chilled version.
- 4 cups water
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoons allspice berries
- 2 teaspoons cardamom pods
- ¾ teaspoon whole cloves
- 4 teaspoons loose black tea, such as Darjeeling
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⅓ cup cold whole milk
No nutrition information available
- Combine all ingredients except the sugar and milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat and steep mixture for 15 minutes.
- Pour the liquid through a fine mesh strainer into a clean saucepan. Add the brown sugar and cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar and slightly reduce the tea. Remove from heat and measure out 1 cup of tea into a mug.
- With the warming stirrer in place, add the milk to the tank and press the hot milk button. Pour milk into tea and stir. Serve immediately.
*This recipe makes more tea than is needed for a single serving; however, we like to prepare this as a larger batch for having on hand when desired.