• 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
• 1 c. AP Flour
• 1/3 c. nutritional yeast
• 1 TBSP onion powder
• 1 TBSP garlic powder
• 1-2 c. Panko-style bread crumbs
• 3/4 c. hot sauce (I use Texas Pete)
• 2 TBSP vegan butter alternative (I use Earth Balance)
• 1.5 c. unsweetened almond milk
• 4 vegan kaiser-style or hamburger-style buns
• vegan ranch dressing
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat the deep fryer to 350-375 degrees.
2. Mix the flour, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, and almond milk together. You might need more or less almond milk depending on the consistency. You want it to be wet enough to stick to the cauliflower.
3. Add Panko and mix well.
4. Immerse the cauliflower florets into the batter and coat all of the crevices.
5. Deep fry battered cauliflower for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Ensure you do not overcrowd the fryer.
6. Prepare the buffalo sauce by melting the Earth Balance and adding the hot sauce to it.
7. Toss the cauliflower into the buffalo sauce and coat evenly on all sides.
8. Toast the rolls and place buffalo cauliflower on bottom bun. Drizzle vegan ranch dressing on top. Serve with toppings of your choice.