Oats, raisins and nuts add flavor and texture to these delicious breakfast treats.
Makes 6 muffins
½ cup golden raisins
½ cup old-fashioned oats
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
⅛ teaspoon baking soda
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 medium banana, peeled and mashed
1 large egg
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons canola oil
⅓ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
Nutritional information per muffin: Calories 330 (49% from fat) • carb. 38g • pro. 4g • fat 18g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 30mg • sod.143mg• calc. 30mg • fiber 2g
1. Place rack in Cuisinart® Exact Heat™ Convection Toaster Oven Broiler in position B and preheat oven to 425ºF on Convection Bake setting.
2. Line 6 muffin cups with paper liners or foil baking cups. Place raisins in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit for 10 minutes, drain and reserve.
3. Combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and reserve.
4. Combine banana, egg, honey and oil in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add to dry ingredients and mix with a spoon just until dry ingredients are moistened; batter will be lumpy. Add raisins and nuts; stir just to combine.
5. Fill prepared muffin cups with batter (fill almost to the top) and sprinkle tops with sugar. Bake until tops are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Press Start/Stop button. Remove from muffin pan and cool on wire rack.