• 1 head of cauliflower
• 1 c. AP Flour
• ⅓ c. nutritional yeast
• 1 tablespoon. garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon. onion powder
• ¾ c. your favorite hot sauce (I use Texas Pete)
• 2 tablespoon. Earth Balance or any other vegan butter
• 1.5 c. almond milk or any other dairy-free milk
• 1 package vegan hamburger buns (sold at most stores. Read the ingredients)
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• vegan ranch
No nutrition information available
1. Prepare the cauliflower first by cutting the cauliflower into florets. Preheat the over to 450 degrees (or, if deep frying, oil to medium to medium -high heat). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper if baking.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add the almond milk into the dry ingredients. Combine well.
3. Add the cauliflower to the batter and coat well. Place on pan.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Alternately, if you are frying, fry fr approximately 4 minutes or until golden brown.
5. While baking the cauliflower, melt the Earth Balance in a small pot then add the hot sauce.
6. When cauliflower is done baking, remove and add the hot sauce. Coat well.
7. Put cauliflower back on pan. Heat oven to broil and bake cauliflower for an additional 5-7 minutes.
8. Compose by putting the cauliflower on the but then topping with vegan ranch and additional hot sauce if wanted.