An easy side dish to incorporate into your weekly rotation!
Makes 6 cups
1 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 celery stalk, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1½ cups long grain white rice
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
3 cups water
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 102 (6% from fat) • carb. 22g • pro. 2g • fat 1g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 0mg • sod. 268mg • calc. 21mg • fiber 1g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add the onion, red pepper and celery stalk, each cut into 1-inch pieces, with 2 garlic cloves into the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Add a teaspoon each olive oil, salt and chili powder and ½ teaspoon each paprika, oregano and pepper. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap removed.
4. The cooking time is set for 8 minutes at 285°F on Speed 1.
5. Replace Metal Chopping Blade with the Stirring Paddle. Add 1½ cups rice. The cooking time is set for 2 minutes at 250°F on Speed 1. Add drained can of diced tomatoes after 1 minute so that all ingredients are well mixed.
6. Remove the Stirring Paddle and add 3 cups of water. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
7. When time expires, an additional cooking time is set for 25 minutes at 205°F.
8. Allow rice to rest covered for 10 minutes before removing the Cooking Lid.
9. Once rested, fluff rice and taste. Adjust seasoning according to preference.