Makes about 7 cups
1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
10 bacon slices, cut into small dice
1 pound small white beans, soaked in water overnight, drained and rinsed
1½ cups water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
¾ cup ketchup
¼ cup molasses
2 tablespoons tomato paste
½ cup brown sugar, packed
1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon dry mustard
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 252 (28% from fat) • carb. 36g • pro. 10g • fat 8g • sat. fat 2g • Col. 11mg • sod. 669mg • calc. 72mg • fiber 8g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add one medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces, to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
2. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Stirring Paddle. Add the prepared bacon, cut into small dice. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap removed.
3. The cooking time is set for 8 minutes at 275°F on Speed 2.
4. Add drained beans, 1½ cups water, 2 crushed garlic cloves, ¾ cup ketchup, ¼ cup molasses, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, ½ cup brown sugar, 1¼ teaspoons salt, ½ teaspoon dry mustard and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
5. Remove the Stirring Paddle and secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. Set the cooking time for 15 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
6. The cooking time is then set to 6 hours at 212°F for al dente beans. Adjust time to 8 hours for well-done beans.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.