This spicy peanutty pumpkin soup is sure to impress. This dish is simple enough for a weeknight dinner, but fancy enough to impress at a dinner party. Even your pickiest eaters will love it!
2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 sweet onion, peeled and diced
1 galic clove, peeled and pressed
2 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
1 tablespoon madras curry powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup coconut creme
2 3/4 cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
No nutrition information available
1. Place the peanuts onto a small cookie sheet and roast in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10 minutes. Cool slightly, chop coarsely and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic saute until softened, about 5 minutes. With a whisk, stir in the pumpkin, peanut butter, chicken broth, curry powder, cayenne and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
3. Puree the soup with a stick blender. Reheat for about 5 minutes but do not let the soup come to a boil.
4. Soften coconut creme in the microwave for 15-25 seconds until thin and pourable.
5. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish each with the cocnut creme and chopped peanuts.