This soothing soup is chock full of good-for-you chicken and veggies.
6 medium carrots (reduce to 3 carrots for MSC-400 model), peeled and sliced into ¼-inch rounds
4 celery stalks (reduce to 2 stalks for MSC-400 model), cut into ¼-inch dice
1 whole chicken, 3 to 4 pounds, cut into 8 pieces (if using the MSC-400 model, substiute the whole chicken for 2 cups shredded, roast chicken)
1¾ teaspoons kosher salt (reduce to 1 1/2 teaspoons for MSC-400 model), divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 handful fresh Italian parsley
1 sprig fresh thyme leaves
8 cups (reduce to 6 cups for the MSC-400 model) water
2 cups (reduce to 1 cup for the MSC-400 model) dried egg noodles
1 cup (reduce to 1/2 cup for the MSC-400 model) frozen peas
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup):
Calories 91 (16% from fat) • carb. 8g • pro. 10g
• fat 2g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 33mg • sod. 334mg
• calc. 28mg • fiber 2g
1. Put the onion, carrots, celery, chicken parts*, 1¼ teaspoons salt, pepper, parsley, thyme and water into the cooking pot of the Multicooker.
2. Cover and set unit to Slow Cook on High for 6 hours. Once unit switches to Keep Warm, remove the chicken from the pot and then switch unit back to Slow Cook on High to bring soup to a heavy simmer.
3. Allow the parts to cool and remove and discard all skin and bones; shred or chop the meat and put back into the pot. Once the soup is simmering, add the noodles. Simmer until the noodles are cooked through (refer to package instructions of particular noodles). Once the noodles are cooked through, stir in the peas.
4. Switch unit to Keep Warm until serving.
*If using shredded chicken for the MSC-400 model, stir in during step 3, not in the first step with the vegetables.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!