Makes about 6 cups
1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 celery stalk, cut into 1-inch pieces
1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups long grain white rice
½ teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups chicken broth
Sage leaf (optional)
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 130 (8% from fat) • carb. 26g • pro. 3g • fat 1g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 3mg • sod. 253mg • calc. 14mg • fiber 1g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add the onion, carrot and celery, each cut into 1-inch pieces, to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Scrape the bowl and replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Stirring Paddle and add 1½ tablespoons butter. Secure the Cooking Lid.
4. The cooking time is set for 8 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
5. Add 2 cups rice. The cooking time is set for an additional 3 minutes at 250°F on Speed 2.
6. Remove the Stirring Paddle and add ½ teaspoon salt, 3 cups chicken broth and sage leaf.
7. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
8. Once the broth is boiling, the cooking time will be set for an additional 25 minutes at 205°F.
9. When time expires, allow rice to rest covered for 10 minutes before removing lid.
10. Once rested, fluff rice and taste. Adjust seasoning according to preference.