Use this basic vinaigrette as a guide and change your vinegar/oil flavors to come up with varying combinations to create exciting salads. You can add other flavors such as crushed or roasted garlic, chopped shallots, fresh or dried herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, honey, lemon juice, or flavored vinegars.
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup salad or olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Nutritional analysis per tablespoon:
Calories 91 (98% from fat) • carb. 0g • pro. 0g • fat 10g • sat. fat 1g
• chol. 0mg • sod. 23mg • calc. 0mg • fiber 0g
- Put all ingredients in the mixing cup. Insert the hand blender into the mixing cup. Blend on Low until combined, about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Keep unused portions in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.