This is a great sauce to serve with fish and seafood, most notably shrimp.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small shallot, about ¼ ounce chopped, or 1 tablespoon
¼ lemon peeled, about ¼ ounce
½ orange peeled, about 2 ounces
½ fennel bulb, about 4 ounces
1 pound carrots, about 8 medium carrots
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons sliced basil
Nutritional information per serving (1 tablespoon):
Calories 51 (48% from fat) • carb. 6g • pro. 1g
• fat 3g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 6mg • sod. 38mg
• calc. 26mg • fiber 1g
Notable nutrients based on daily percentages:
Vitamin A 155%
1. Put the olive oil in a sauce pan and place over medium heat. Add the chopped shallot and sweat until soft, about 2 minutes.
2. While the shallot is sweating, turn the Cuisinart® Juice Extractor to speed 2. Turn the unit on and juice the lemon and orange.
3. Increase to speed 5 and juice the fennel and carrots.
4. Add juice to the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Allow sauce to simmer for about 30 minutes, until reduced to about ²∕³ cup.
5. Once reduced, whisk in both the butter and basil immediately before serving.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!