Freshly made cranberry sauce beats out the canned variety any day.
- 4 cups whole cranberries (fresh, or frozen and thawed)
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3-inch piece orange peel, bitter white pith removed
Nutritional information per serving (¼ cup): Calories 57 (1% from fat) • carb.14g • sugars 11g • pro. 0g • fat 0g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 55mg • calc. 7mg • fiber 2g
- Put all ingredients into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to achieve a simmer. Continue to simmer until the cranberries are very plump, about 20 minutes (in addition to the cranberries being plump, you want to reduce the liquid by about one-third or one-half). Remove from heat and let come to room temperature.
- Remove orange peel and then insert your Smart Stick® Hand Blender shaft. Select Speed 3 and blend for 10 to 15 seconds, depending on desired consistency.
- Transfer to a storage container, cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Cranberry sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!