Tomato Sauce with sausage
5 lb Vidalia Onions
1 cup fresh Basil leaves washed and dried
¼ cup fresh Parsley washed and dried
1 Tablespoon McCormick Fresh Ground Peppercorn Melange coarsely ground
3 cloves fresh garlic
Zest from one orange.
¼ cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 lbs ground mild Italian Sausage (not links)
⅓ cup beef base
14-28 ounce cans crushed Ferrara Tomatoes.
1 can of water from rinsed cans after removing tomatoes.
No nutrition information available
Janet’s Spaghetti Sauce
To Make Spaghetti Sauce
1. Take out big 20 quart with heavy bottom Pot
2. Peal, chop, pulverize in Cuisinart 1 5 lb bag of Vidalia onions, 1 cup fresh Basil, washed and dried, ¼ cup fresh Parsley washed and dried, 1 tablespoon McCormick Fresh ground Peppercorn Melange black pepper, 3 cloves garlic, zest from one orange.
3. Put small amount of oil in bottom of pot
4. Brown onion with Basil, Parsley, garlic, orange zest, and Black Pepper, in oil
5. Put 6 lbs. ground Sausage meat into onion in pot and break it up as fast as possible
6. Cook Sausage
7. Add ⅓ cup beef base which comes in a jar in spice department
8. Add 14 cans crushed Ferrara tomatoes rinse each can out with a little water and add to the next can until all cans are clean
9. After coming to a boil, put in a preheated oven at 190 ° Gently Cover top with water which was used to clean cans. Do not mix water into sauce. It keeps sauce from burning on top. ,
10. cook overnight
Always wash hands before starting and frequently in between.
Always wash each item as you are finished with it.
Clean up spills as they occur.