Gooey melted cheese and sweet-tart cranberry sauce combine to make the absolute best Thanksgiving leftover sandwich you've ever tasted.
Recipe can also be seen at http://kelseysappleaday.blogspot.com/2014/11/meatless-monday-cranberry-sauce-grilled.html.
• 8 slices pumpkin yeast bread (or bread of your choice)
• butter, for spreading on bread
• 16 slices fontina, brie, white cheddar, or other white cheese that melts well
• 3/4 c. cranberry sauce
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat a large pan or griddle, such as the Cuisinart Griddler, over medium-low heat.
2. Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Assemble sandwiches by placing two slices of cheese on four pieces of bread. Top with equal amounts cranberry sauce then two more slices of cheese. Place remaining bread slices on sandwiches, making sure the buttered side is out.
3. Place sandwiches in preheated and cook until cheese begins to melt and bread is a deep golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Flip and repeat.
4. Remove sandwiches from pan and let cool one minute before slicing.