• 8 thick asparagus spears
• 4 large slices of crusty bread
• 3 TBS. cottage or ricotta cheese
• 5 ounces grated mozzarella or Pepper jack
• 1 ounce grated Parmesan
• 2 TBS. finely chopped parsley or fresh basil
No nutrition information available
1. 1- Remove woody part of stem from asparagus spears and peel lower end if necessary. Lay on plate and sprinkle salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil on asparagus.
2. 2- Preheat “The Griddler” to med-high. When up to temperature, place asparagus in one layer onto lower grill and cover w upper grill. Brown until “spotty” (5 minutes) then sprinkle a Tablespoon of water on asparagus and immediately re-cover, steam 2 minutes until almost tender. Set aside to slowly cool (asparagus will keep cooking inside to “al-dente” if you don't start cutting it up when hot).
3. 3- Butter one side of each slice of bread and place butter side down on a plate. In a small bowl, combine cheeses, lemon and parsley/ basil/ chives or ?. Spread the cheese mixture evenly onto the unbuttered side of all 4 slices of bread. Slice avocado, and lay avocado slices on top of the cheese upon two of the bread slices.
4. Slice asparagus spears on an angle, into bite-sized pieces. Divide asparagus slices evenly onto two of the slices of bread, top with the other slices of bread containing the cheese to make a sandwich. Grill sandwiches in “The Griddler” until bread is browned and crispy and cheese is melty. Remove from heat and allow sandwich to sit for about a minute before cutting.