The most amazing and refreshing summer time salad. With salad sized pre-cooked shrimp, this goes together in no time. Makes for a great appetizer at functions.
- ⅓ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 pound ready cooked shrimp, chilled
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ cups chilled Clamato®
- 1 cup chilled ketchup
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbs hot sauce
- 2 avocados, chopped
No nutrition information available
- Mix onion with lime juice in a small bowl and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Toss shrimp, roma tomatoes, cucumber, celery, jalapeno, salt, and black pepper in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk tomato and clam juice cocktail, ketchup, cilantro, and hot pepper sauce in a separate bowl. Stir dressing into shrimp mixture and add the onion mixture. Gently fold in avocados. Cover and chill thoroughly, at least 1 hour.