Makes about 8 servings
2 pounds russet potatoes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 bunch green onions, trimmed
1 small jalapeño, seeded
1 can (15 ounces) whole black, pitted olives
8 ounces sharp Cheddar
Salsa, guacamole and sour cream for serving
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 312 (59% from fat) • carb. 24g • pro. 8g • fat 21g • sat. fat 7g • Col. 30mg • sod. 8903mg • calc. 216mg • fiber 3g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with non-stick aluminum foil or drizzle foil with olive oil.
2. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly, adjusted to 3mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
3. Slice 2 pounds of russet potatoes on Speed 12.
4. Toss the potatoes with a tablespoon olive oil and teaspoon of salt.
5. Spread the potatoes evenly onto the prepared baking sheets in a single layer. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 25 to 30 minutes.
6. While potatoes are baking, wipe out the work bowl.
7. Using the Slicing Disc adjusted to 3mm, slice 1 bunch of trimmed green onions, 1 small, seeded jalapeño and 1 can black, pitted, drained olives using Speed 12.
8. Remove and reserve. Replace the Slicing Disc with the Shredding Disc, adjusted to coarse shred.
9. Shred 8 ounces sharp Cheddar on Speed 12.
10. When potatoes are crispy, remove from oven and let cool slightly.
11. Place half of the potatoes together into the center of one baking sheet. Sprinkle with half of the green onions, jalapeño and olives and shredded cheese.
12. Layer the remaining potatoes on top and sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
13. Bake until cheese is melted and slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
14. Serve immediately with salsa, guacamole and sour cream if desired.