Making this sweet kugel in the Cuisinart® Fluted Cake Pan makes a beautiful holiday presentation.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1lb egg noodles
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus extra for tossing cooked noodles, divided
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 16 dried apricots, about ½ cup
- ½ cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 small apples, about 9oz, peeled and cored
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
No nutrition information available
- Spray the Cuisinart® Fluted Cake Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook egg noodles according to package instructions. When finished cooking, toss noodles with about a tablespoon of butter. Reserve.
- Put 4 tablespoons of the butter into a small skillet over low heat to melt. Once melted, pour evenly into the prepared pan. Put the toasted pecans into the small bowl of the Cuisinart® Food Processor fitted with the small chopping blade. Finely chop the pecans by using quick pulses. Evenly sprinkle the chopped pecans and brown sugar together in the prepared pan.
- Melt remaining butter, reserve.
- Put the apricots together with ¼ cup of sugar in the small bowl of the Cuisinart® Food Processor and chop using quick pulses. Place chopped apricots into a large mixing bowl with the raisins.
- Replace the small chopping bowl with the dicing kit and dice the apples. Add to the large mixing bowl. Add the remaining sugar, salt and cinnamon and stir ingredients together.
- Lightly beat the eggs together with the vanilla extract and then toss all together in the large bowl along with the egg noodles, making sure all ingredients are mixed well and coated.
- Pour the noodle mixture into the pan (it will be full). Cover well with aluminum foil and bake in oven for an hour.
- When finished baking, loosen sides of kugel with a thin spatula and then invert on a serving platter to serve.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!
You might need