Makes 18 servings
1 package (2¼ teaspoons) active dry yeast
⅛ teaspoon granulated sugar
⅓ cup warm water (110°F)
4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 cup cold water
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
Nonstick cooking spray
Coarse sea salt
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 117 (27% from fat) • carb. 20g • pro. 3g • fat 3g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 0mg • sod. 381mg • calc. mg • fiber 0g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Dissolve 1 packet (2¼ teaspoons) yeast and ⅛ teaspoon sugar into ⅓ cup warm water in a liquid measuring cup; let stand until foamy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Insert Dough Blade. Add 4 cups all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon of kosher salt into the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
3. The processor is set to sift for 20 seconds on Speed 6.
4. Add 1 cup cold water and 2 tablespoons olive oil to the yeast mixture.
5. With machine running on Speed 10, add liquid through Steam Vent in a steady stream as fast as the flour absorbs it.
6. Once dough ball forms and pulls away from sides of the work bowl, continue to run for about 1 minute to knead.
7. Gather and dust lightly with flour. Remove Dough Blade and put dough back into work bowl.
8. Secure Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set to proof for 45 minutes at 85°F.
9. Once doubled, punch down and turn the dough out onto a floured work surface.
10. Roll into a long rectangular shape and then press into a lightly sprayed baking sheet, stretching the ends of the dough to meet the edges of the baking tray.
11. Make indentations in the dough with your fingers over the entire surface area.
12. Brush the dough with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining 2 teaspoons of kosher salt and chopped rosemary.
13. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise until puffy, about 20 minutes.
14. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
15. Bake until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly on wire rack. Serve warm.