Makes about 18 truffles
½ cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
8 ounces good quality bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, broken into ½-inch pieces
1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur, optional
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened, Dutch-process cocoa
Nutritional information per truffle: Calories 99 (63% from fat) • carb. 8g • pro. 1g • fat 8g • sat. fat 4g • Col. 9mg • sod. 0mg • calc. 0mg • fiber 1g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Stirring Paddle. Add ½ cup heavy cream, 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, and 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 110°F on Speed 6. With two minutes left, add 1 tablespoon each vanilla and coffee liqueur.
3. Transfer to a bowl and cover directly with plastic wrap.
4. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until firm to scoop.
5. Using a small scoop, make 18 balls. Roll in hands to create a round shape.
6. Dip balls into ½ cup unsweetened cocoa to coat.