Griddler® Position: Closed
Plate Side: Grill
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 boneless rib eye or strip steaks, ¾-inch thick each (12 ounces each)
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 386 (48% from fat) • carb. 1g • pro. 48g • fat 20g • sat. fat 8g
• chol. 140mg • sod. 294mg • calc. 19mg • fiber 0g
1. Put the cumin, chili powder, basil, coriander, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper into a small bowl and stir to combine – there will be about 2 tablespoons. Reserve.
2. Dry steaks and rub evenly with prepared spice rub. Let stand 20 to 30 minutes – or rub, cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
3. Insert plates on their grill side. Preheat the Cuisinart® Griddler® to Sear with the unit closed.
4. When hot, arrange steaks evenly spaced on lower grill. Cover, using light pressure. Grill until steaks have reached desired level of doneness when tested with an instant-read thermometer. Grilling will take approximately 3 to 10 minutes. Grill until about 5° under temperature desired – meat will continue to cook while resting. Remove immediately.
5. Let steaks stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving to allow temperature to even out, and fibers to relax and reabsorb the juices, making the steak more tender and juicy.