Each calzone is very big. Even though this recipe seems little there is lots of food!
No servings information available
2 tubes (10 oz. each) refrigerated pizza dough
1⅓ lbs. Italian bulk sausage
1 drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 handful fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
1 handful grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
¼ teaspoon. nutmeg, freshly grated
A few grinds freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoon. chopped pimento
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups tomato sauce, warmed, for dipping
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Brown sausage in a small skillet in a drizzle of olive oil. Transfer crumbles to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
3. Combine sausage with ricotta cheese, parsley, garlic, grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, nutmeg, pepper, and pimento. Roll out pizza dough into 2 circles and place on 2 separate baking sheets.
4. Spread 1 cup mozzarella and ½ of filling on each circle. Fold dough over top of filling and pinch edges firmly to seal.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with warmed sauce. Makes 2 calzones.