Enjoy this tasty meal for the whole family! Always a crowd pleaser!
1 tray of organic ground lean turkey
1 package of brown rice no boil lasagna or regular lasagna noodles
3 small zucchini
1 (28oz) can of organic tomato sauce
1½ cups organic low fat cottage cheese
¾ cup mozzarella cheese
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
¾ teaspoon garlic salt
1 Tbs olive oil for cooking
Serving Suggestion: Add a handful of spinach to ground meat.
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spiralize or slice zucchini.
3. In a skillet, drizzle 1 Tbs of olive oil, then add ground turkey. Cook for a few minutes, then add zucchini, tomato sauce, and seasoning to the pan. Cook for another 4-6 minutes until meat is cooked through and sauce is bubbly. Keep stirring meat mixture. At the last minute, turn heat off and stir in spinach until it is wilted.
4. In a small bowl, mix cottage cheese and parmesan cheese together.
5. In your casserole dish, put a couple Tbs of tomato sauce in the bottom. Then, lay your lasagna noodles.
6. Next, put a thick layer of meat/veggie mixture over the noodles. Then, layer the cottage cheese/parmesan mixture over top of the meat (reserve about ¼ of cottage cheese/parmesan mixture for top layer).
7. Next, put another layer of noodles, meat mixture, then the rest of cottage cheese, followed by ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
8. Tent foil over lasagna, leaving a little room for the cheese. If desired, put a piece of tin foil on the bottom of oven to catch drips.
9. Bake at 350 for one hour, or until bubbly on the edges and cheese is melted on top.
Take off foil and cook for 5 more minutes to tan cheese on top.
10. Let lasagna sit for 5-10 minutes prior to serving, or the lasagna will fall apart when cutting.