A delicious, moist meatloaf that has been altered over the years to become
my family's most requested recipe.
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion salt
3/4 cup undiluted tomato soup
1 cup seasoned soft bread crumbs
1 pound ground beef
1/2 pound chopped fresh pork
1/2 pound chopped fresh veal
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 strips bacon
No nutrition information available
1. Mix all ingredients together in mixing bowl.
2. Pat into a loaf pan (opt. greased) or shape in a roll and place in a shallow baking pan.
3. Over the top lay 4 strips of bacon.
4. Bake at 350°F for one hour fifteen minutes or until thoroughly cooked (160 degrees)
5. Serve with catsup or tomato sauce: melt 2 tbsp butter until brown. Stir in 2 tbsp flour. Add 1 cup tomato juice, tomato cocktail or strained cooked or canned tomatoes slowly. Cook and stir over low heat until thick. Season to taste with salt, pepper, onion, oregano, or nutmeg. Makes about 1 cup.