A yummy special chicken, and shrimp rice dish.
2 cups arbario rice
⅔ cup chupped onion
3 cups red, yellow and green pepper strips
2 chpped tomatoes or 1 can
2lb boneless chicken cubes
1½ lb peeled raw shrimp
1½ lbs andouille or chirozo sausage
1 cup white wine
3 cups chicken broth
salt and pepper
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 cup sliced green onions
died red pepper flakes
large deep stove top and oven top pan
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 350 or 375.
2. Saute onion and pepper in olove oil until soft. Add chooped garlic. Put cooked vegetables in a bowl.
3. In same pan add olive oil and saute chicken cubes and sausage untill brown - do not have to cook through. Add meats to vegetables in bowl. In same pan, put in 3tbs olive oil and saute rice for three minutes. Add all the vegetables, meats (not shrimp), wine, tomatoes and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper and dried pepper flakes.
4. Cover pan and put into preheated oven. Cook for 30-40 minutes until rice is almost cooked. Add raw shrimp and stir all ingredients.
5. Put back in oven for 15 more minutes until shrimp are cooked and all liquid is absorbed.
6. Take out and stir in parsley and green onion. Good served with parmesan cheese if using andouille sausage.