Healthy and delicious one pot dinner. Mashed lentils- great alternative to mashed potatoes with a boost of protein.
1 cup red lentils
4 chicken tenders
1 large onion
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
2 table spoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground tumeric
½ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
No nutrition information available
1. Heat two table spoons of oil in a deep pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
2. Peel and chop onion into cubes and sautee until golden brown.
3. Stir in spices, put heat on low and cook stirring for about two minutes.
4. Add in lentils and stir. Add salt and pour two cups of cold water in the pot. Lay chicken tenders over the top
6. Close the lid and cook until chicken is cooked and water evaporates and lentils become mushy consistency, about 25 minutes.
7. With a potato masher mash up the lentils into puree like potatoes; coarsely cut up the chicken pieces and mix them up with the puree.
8. Lay out on a deep dish. Garnish with chopped scallions.