Asian-Style Pork RibsCuisinart Original Recipe
1 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce, low-sodium
1 tablespoon yuzu juice* or fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon mirin
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 one- to two-inch piece of ginger, peeled and halved
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1 rack bone-in pork ribs (about 3 pounds), cut into individual ribs
1. Put all ingredients except ribs in the jar of a blender in the order listed. Blend on high until completely homogenous.
2. Put ribs in a stainless steel bowl and coat completely with the marinade. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Take the meat from the refrigerator and remove as much marinade from each individual rib as possible. Fit the ribs in a single layer on the baking pan and put in the oven with the rack in the middle rack position. Set the oven to Bake Steam at 350°F for 60 minutes. When time expires, reset to 225°F for an additional hour on Bake Steam.
4. Remove the ribs from the oven and serve.
*Yuzu is a Japanese citrus fruit that is quite sour. Yuzu juice can be found at Japanese grocery stores or gourmet shops.
ServingsMakes: 4 entrée or 6 appetizer servings
Nutritional information per rib:
Calories 365 (51% from fat) • carb. 24g • pro. 21g
• fat 21g • sat. fat 6g • chol. 72mg • sod. 944mg
• calc. 34mg • fiber 0g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!