Fish TacosCuisinart Original Recipe
Need a fun dinner party idea? Set up a make-your-own taco bar with all of the fixings! It’s little work for the host, so you can enjoy these light and simple tacos with your guests."
1¼ pounds fish fillet (snapper or similar type fish), about 1-inch thick
¼ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
¼ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ jalapeño, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 cups shredded cabbage, about ¼ small to medium head
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
pinch freshly ground black pepper
juice of one lime
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
8 6-inch corn tortillas
½ avocado, sliced
hot sauce, to taste
lime wedges, for serving
1. Put all of the fish ingredients in a shallow glass baking dish, turning fish once or twice to fully coat. Cover and marinate for about 30 minutes.
2. While fish is marinating, put the shredded cabbage, oil, salt, pepper, lime juice and chopped cilantro in a mixing bowl. Toss to combine; reserve.
3. When fish is just about done marinating, fit the Griddler® Deluxe with the grill plates and preheat both plates to 400˚F.
4. Remove fish from marinade, place on preheated grill plates and grill for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the fish. Remove and reserve. Lower the temperature of both the upper and lower plates to Warm.
Assemble Tacos: Place tortillas on the grill plates to warm. Remove when warmed through and evenly divide the grilled fish among the tacos, topping them with the cabbage slaw, and then the avocado. Add a little hot sauce and a squeeze of lime.
ServingsMakes 8 tacos
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 193 (32% from fat) • carb. 17g • pro. 16g • fat 7g • sat. fat 1g
• chol. 26mg • sod. 185mg • calc. 34mg • f iber 2g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!