Makes about ten ½-cup servings
- 1 cup whole milk, well chilled
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, to taste
No nutrition information available
- Place milk and sugar in a medium bowl. Use a hand mixer (about 1 to 2 minutes on low speed) or a whisk to mix until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla to taste. If not making ice cream immediately, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Turn on ice cream maker and pour in ingredients. Allow to mix and freeze until desired serving consistency is reached. Begin checking consistency after 12 to 15 minutes of freezing. If ice cream is not thick enough, pour back into the freezer bowl and continue mixing/freezing until desired consistency is reached, checking every few minutes.
- Serve in cups or cones, adding mix-ins (variety of rainbow and chocolate sprinkles) while dispensing ice cream).