Makes 24 cupcakes
1 box of yellow cake mix and ingredients to make the box cake mix
¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
1 15 oz can of organic pureed pumpkin
2 packages of cream cheese
2 cups of confectioner's sugar
24 Candy corn pumpkins (optional for decoration on top of frosted cupcakes)
Orange food dye (optional to tint frosting
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Line cupcake pans (2) with Halloween liners. Mix cake mix according to box’s directions with the following changes. Add the spices and canned pumpkin in place of water that is called for on the box’s directions.
2. Use a small scoop to fill cupcake liners. Bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of cupcake.
3. Let cupcakes cool for at least an hour.
4. While the cupcakes are baking use an electric mixer to beat the sugar and cream cheese until creamy. Spread on cooled cupcakes.
5. You can add the orange food coloring to make them pumpkin colored cupcakes! You can also add the candy pumpkins on top for decoration!