Makes 8 servings
2 pounds fresh peaches, skinned, (or frozen and defrosted) cut into
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon instant tapioca
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups prepared granola, without fruit
2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 257 (27% from fat) carb. 46g • pro. 4g • fat 8g • sat. fat 5g
• chol. 7mg • sod. 63mg • calc. 36mg • fiber 4g
1. Cut a piece of aluminum foil about 24 inches long. Fold in half lengthwise, then fold in half again two more times to create a strip about 24 inches in length and 2 inches wide to make a “cradle”; reserve.
2. Place peaches in a large bowl. Combine brown sugar with tapioca and ginger.
3. Toss with peaches. Mix granola with melted butter and stir 1½ cups into peaches.
4. Reserve ½ cup for topping. Lightly coat a 2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray.
5. Transfer peach mixture to soufflé dish; top with remaining ½ cup of granola. Set the dish in the center of the long strip of folded foil and bring up the sides to meet, twisting together to form a handle.
6. Place the cooking rack in the ceramic pot of the Cuisinart® Slow Cooker. Set soufflé dish on rack by using the foil cradle to help lift the dish, and carefully lower the dish into the pot and place on the rack.
7. Cover and press the on/off button to turn the unit on. Set time to 5 hours and press
8. Low. Slow cooker will automatically switch to Warm until ready to serve.
9. Remove the soufflé dish from the slow cooker using the foil strips to lift it. Serve with freshly whipped cream, ice cream or vanilla yogurt.