I have been working on “the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe” for my husband ever since we were dating. Here is the last version of my many, many attempts, and it looks like we have found a winner!
You can make these cookies chewy or extra crispy:
Bake them until they are golden brown, not just brown around the edges, which takes about 21 minutes. And, if you leave the cookies on the sheet until they cool, they will be chewier. If you remove them immediately and cool on a cooling rack, they will get much crispier.
2 cups plus 2 TB unbleached A/P flour
1 teaspoon. salt
½ teaspoon. baking soda
¼ teaspoon. cinnamon
1½ sticks unsalted butter
1 cup golden brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoon. vanilla extract
½ cup Gianduja chocolate, diced
½ cup milk chocolate, chopped into small pieces
2 cups toasted pecans, chopped
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat 325º
2. Mix flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda together in a medium bowl.
3. Cream butter and sugar until thoroughly blended. Mix in egg, yolk and vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Stir in chips and nuts.
5. Form ¼ cup dough into a “rough” ball and place on a silpat or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake, reversing cookie sheets’ positions halfway through baking time.
7.Bake until golden brown… about 21 minutes.
8.For extra crispy cookies, remove cookies immediately from cookie sheets to a cooling rack. For chewier, let the cookies cool on the baking sheet, then remove.