2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
⅔ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup roasted, salted macadamia nuts, finely chopped (can use food processor to finely chop)
½ cup (from 7-oz pkg) chopped dried tropical fruit misc. (pineapple, papaya, mango), finely chopped (can use food processor)
1½ cups confectioners' sugar
6 teaspoon milk or water Green liquid food color Decoration: silver & green dragees
No nutrition information available
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Have 2 baking sheets ready.
2. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until blended. Stir in nuts, fruit and flour until a dough forms. Divide in sixths.
3. Shape dough into 6 balls. Place 3 balls on each baking sheet; pat each ball into a 5-in. round. With a large knife, cut each round in 8 wedges (don't separate).
4. Bake (1 sheet at a time) 16 minutes, or until pale golden around edges. While hot, re-cut wedges. Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
5. Icing: Stir sugar and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Spoon ½ into another bowl; tint green with food color. Spoon each batch into a small ziptop bag; cut tip off corner and pipe garlands on wedges. While wet, decorate with dragees; let dry at room temperature.