A delectable cookie that is at home at high tea as it is in a child's lunchbox. It has the rich taste of butter with a great crunch from pecans and, surprisingly, corn flakes!
1 pound butter (not margarine)
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups corn flakes, lightly crushed
1 cup chopped pecans
No nutrition information available
* Heat oven to 350 degrees.
* Cream butter and sugar in a mixer.
* In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients, except corn flakes and pecans.
* Add to butter-sugar mixture and beat until well incorporated. The batter will be very stiff at this point.
* Add the corn flakes and pecans and mix again until well combined.
* Using a cookie scoop, portion out cookies on ungreased cookie sheets. Do not pat down. Mounds of dough will flatten as they bake.
* Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until very lightly browned.
* Cool 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
* Let cool completely before packaging in an airtight container.