What better ending to a meal than a cup of rice pudding? The great thing about this dessert is that it can be served warm out of the cooking pot or chilled. Chilled rice pudding does set up and has a different consistency than when served warm. If not serving immediately, stir some
extra milk or water into the rice pudding to make it creamier.
2 cups Arborio rice
4 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup water
1 vanilla bean, halved and seeds scraped
¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 whole cinnamon sticks
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup):
Calories 275 (42% from fat) • carb. 34g • pro. 5g
• fat 13g • sat. fat 8g • chol. 46mg • sod. 62mg
• calc. 71mg • fiber 1g
1. Put all of the ingredients into the pot of the Multicooker. Stir to combine.
2. Select Slow Cook on High for 3 hours.
3. Once the cooking time has elapsed, the unit will automatically switch to Keep Warm.
4. Remove and discard vanilla bean and cinnamon sticks. Keep on Warm until ready to serve.
5. If not serving immediately, stir in more liquid (any type of milk or water) before reheating.