Makes about 5½ cups
1½ cups Arborio rice
3 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 vanilla bean, halved with seeds scraped
⅔ cup granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
2 whole cinnamon sticks
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 349 (47% from fat) • carb. 40g • pro. 6g • fat 19g • sat. fat 11g • Col. 66mg • sod. 97mg • calc. 107mg • fiber 1g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 1½ cups Arborio rice, 3 cups whole milk, 2 cups heavy cream, 1 scraped vanilla bean, ⅔ cup granulated sugar, ¼ teaspoon each salt and ground nutmeg and 2 cinnamon sticks to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 285°F on Speed 1.
3. The cooking time is now set for 20 minutes at 205°F on Speed 1.
4. Allow mixture to rest for 5 minutes before removing lid.
5. Rice pudding can be served warm or chilled. Remove cinnamon sticks before serving.