flourless chocolate cake--low carbUser Submitted Recipe
1-cup heavy cream
1 cup plus 2 TBS splenda
12 squares (1 oz each) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
4 squares (1 oz each) semi sweet choc. Coarsely chopped
6 eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup strong coffee
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup walnuts divided
1-cup whip cream optional
1. Preheat oven to 350. Place cake in middle rack. Spray 8 inch round
Cake pan with Pam.
2. Beat cream with 2 TBS splenda in large bowl on high with mixer until
Soft peaks form, set aside.
3. Place unsweetened and semi choc. In a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave
On high for 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stirring after 1 minute.
In 30 second intervals after the 1st minute.
4. Beat eggs & remaining 1 cup splenda in large bowl at high speed or until pale and
thick. Add melted chocolate, coffee and salt to egg mixture, beat until well blended.
5. Fold in whipped cream and 1/4 c walnuts into egg mixture. Spread in prepared
Pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of nuts. Place pan in large roasting pan—add enough water to roasting pan to reach halfway upside of pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set but still soft in center.
6. To unmold, loosen edge of cake with knife, place on serving plate upside down
over pan and invert. Serve warm and garnish with whip cream if desired.
Servingsno serving information available
17 carbs per serving