Lavender Lime CupcakesUser Submitted Recipe
1 1/2 cups Flour (not self rising)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter (room temp.)
1 1/8 cups sugar
1 tsp. lime extract
2 tbsp. fresh lime zest (finely grated)
1/2 cup of milk
4 large egg whites
Makes 5 cups
2 Large eggs, separated
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp. lavender syrup or 1 tsp. lavender extract
2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
a) Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line 12 cupcakes tins, set aside.
b) In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
c) In the bowl of a Cuisinart stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in Lime extract and zest. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour; beat until well combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; set aside.
d) In a clean bowl of a Cuisinart stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites on low speed till foamy. With the mixer running add remaining 1/8cup of sugar; beat on high speed until stiff and glossy peaks form, about 4 minutes. Gently fold egg white mixture into the butter-flour mixture until combined.
e) Divide batter among muffin/cupcake tins, filling each with 1/4 cup batter. Bake, until the cupcakes are golden brown, and a cake tester (I use toothpicks) comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cupcakes cool completely.
1. Put egg yolks and half 1/4 cup sugar into the bowl of a Cuisinart stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment; beat on high speed until pale and thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Bring milk and lavender to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Whisk about 1/3 of the liquid into yolk mixture. Pour mixture back into pan with remaining custard, whisk to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture registers 185 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from heat; strain. Refrigerate until cool.
3. Put butter into the bowl of a Cuisinart stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Mix in chilled custard.
4. Heat egg whites and remaining sugar in a clean heatproof bowl of a Cuisinart stand mixer set over a pan of simmering water, whisking constantly, until sugar has dissolved. Attach bowl to mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
5. Add egg-white mixture to butter mixture, beat on medium-high speed until smooth.
You can refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days; bring to room temperature and beat before using.
Enjoy these twisted delicious cupcakes.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!