Peachy’ Chai’ CheesecakeUser Submitted Recipe
For the crust:
2 cups Cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
¾ cup Castor –or- Super Fine sugar
8 ounces melted unsalted butter
For the cheesecake:
1 pound softened cream cheese
1/3 Cup Castor –or- Super Fine Sugar
3 large eggs
1.1 ounce packet –Oregon Original Chai Tea Latte mix – Black Tea, Honey, Vanilla & Spice
1 cup sour cream
1 cup Peach Yogurt, Custard Style
12 wedges of fresh, ripe - California White Peach wedges
12 Spearmint leaves for plate garnish
12 ounces The Perfect Purée California White Peach, thawed
Method: For the crust
Combine the ingredients in a bowl and press firmly into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 10" springform pan. Bake in 325F degree oven for 3 - 5 minutes, and remove from oven. Let cool for 10 minutes then set aside for cheesecake assembly. Re set oven temperature to 350 degrees F. for cheesecake baking.
Method: For the cheesecake
1. Cream the cream cheese and sugar in a Cuisinart Stand Mixer until smooth and light, about 2 minutes at medium speed. Add the eggs one at a time until just blended. Add Chai Tea mix, sour cream, peach yogurt and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
2. Pour the batter into the spring-form pan for baking.
3. Place the cake pan in a baking dish; add water to a depth of 1" and bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes and do not open the oven door during this time. Turn the oven off, crack oven open slightly and allow the cake to cool for an additional 55 minutes before removing from oven. Refrigerate to chill for a minimum of 4 hours, (but overnight is preferred) before topping the cake with 12 ounces of Perfect California White Peach Puree. Spread puree evenly over cake.
4. Decorate with 12 wedges of fresh, ripe California White Peach wedges.
5. Cut cheesecake into 12 servings; Plate and garnish with fresh spearmint leaves