Pumpkin Custard TrifleUser Submitted Recipe
Pumpkin bread (from mix or fresh)
Store bought low-fat ginger snaps
3 1/2 cups 1% milk
vanilla bean (inside seeds of one bean)
3/4 cup fine sugar
2 cups - egg substitute (equal to 4 eggs)
1 cup pureed pumpkin (canned)
1/4 teas. cloves
1 teas. cinnamon
1/2 teas. nutmeg (fresh ground)
and a dash of vanilla extract
Step 1-Prepare Pumpkin Bread (or use ready made) This can be done the night before.
Toast some pecans.
Crush some store bought ginger snaps in the food processor.
Step 2- Custard for trifle: 3 1/2 cups 1% milk, vanilla bean (inside seeds of one bean), 3/4 cup fine sugar, 2 cups - egg substitute (equal to 4 eggs).
Heat milk with vanilla until boiling, whisk.
Add small amounts of the heated milk to the eggs, whisking to mix, until more milk is in the egg mixture than the pan. Return to pan. Whisk over medium heat until thickened.
Step 3- Pumpkin custard: 1 cup pureed pumpkin (canned), 1/4 teas. Cloves, 1 teas. Cinnamon, 1/2 teas. nutmeg (fresh ground), and a dash of vanilla extract
Take 2/3 of the custard mixture out of pan, let cool.
To the balance add the pureed pumpkin, and all spices.
Whisk over medium heat until thickened.
Step 4- Assembly
1. Layer torn apart Pumpkin bread at the bottom of trifle bowl. Sprinkle with pecans (toasted).
2. Pour Pumpkin custard over bread. Jiggle the bowl to distribute.
3. Add more torn up bread and pecans
4. Pour Custard over bread. Jiggle the bowl to distribute.
5. Add gingersnaps on top and the rest of the pecans.
6. Chill overnight.
7. Serve to your guests & enjoy.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!