These simple tartlets are a beautiful alternative to the process of making a full apple pie. No pie cutters needed – just serve individually with a topping of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, rolled slightly to smooth any creases
- 2 small apples
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar (either store bought, or 1 tablespoon sugar mixed with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon)
- Apricot jam, for finishing
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, for serving
Nutritional information per tartlet:
Calories 92 (23% from fat) • carb. 18g • pro. 1g • fat 3g sat. fat 1g • chol. 0mg • sod. 45mg • calc. 5mg • fiber 1g
1. Preheat oven to 425°F with the rack in the middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; reserve.
2. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut four rounds out of the puff pastry. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Using a paring knife, score a small border around each piece of dough, making a ¼-inch border. Using the tines of a fork, evenly prick the dough all over without cutting through. Reserve in refrigerator until ready to use.
3. Assemble the Cuisinart® PrepExpress™ with the Slice/Ribbon Cone and Straight Feed Tube. Spiralize the apples, stopping to clean the Cutting Cone between apples and to remove the processed apple from the Work Bowl before processing the second. Cut each apple horizontally so that each apple forms two rosettes.
4. Remove puff pastry from refrigerator and place the apples on the prepared baking sheet next to the dough rounds. Evenly sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over each apple rosette.
5. Bake the dough and the apples for 15 minutes. Once the 15 minutes have expired, carefully remove from oven, press down the center of each dough round and, using a heatproof utensil (an offset spatula works best), place the cooked apple in the center of each partially baked pastry. Return to oven and allow to cook until the apples are soft and nicely browned, another 10 to 15 minutes.
6. While tartlets are baking, warm the jam slightly until just runny.
7. Remove tartlets from the oven and carefully brush each with the warm jam. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!