Serve with Whipped Cream and fresh berries for a light and delicious summer dessert.
- 1½ cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1¼ cups cake flour
- 12 large egg whites
- 1¼ teaspoons cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 167 (1% from fat) • carb. 37g • pro. 5g • fat 0g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 278mg • calc. 5mg • fiber 0g
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Sift ¾ cup of the sugar together with the cake flour in a mixing bowl; reserve.
- Put egg whites into the Cuisinart® mixing bowl. Attach the chef’s whisk and begin mixing on Speed 5. Once whites are foamy, add cream of tartar and salt and gradually increase to Speed
- While mixing on Speed 12, slowly add remaining ¾ cup of granulated sugar and vanilla extract and continue to mix until the peaks are firm and glossy. Remove bowl from mixer.
- Gradually sift the reserved flour and sugar into the whites and carefully fold in with a large rubber spatula. Be gentle when folding, but at the same time make sure all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Spoon batter into an ungreased, 9-inch tube pan. Smooth the top by evenly spreading with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick that has been inserted comes out clean. Invert pan onto the neck of an empty long-necked bottle (such as a wine bottle) and allow to cool completely.
- To remove cake from pan, remove the pan from the neck of the bottle and slide the tip of a long, narrow knife between the cake and the pan. Cover the pan with a plate and invert it, sliding the knife along the bottom of the pan until it is free.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!