Serve these cakes dusted with confectioners’ sugar, drizzled with maple syrup, or with a dollop of freshly whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce for a simple dessert.
¼ cup cocoa powder, sifted
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
¾ cup buttermilk, room temperature
1 large egg, room temperature
1½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Nutritional information per griddle cake:
Calories 89 (31% from fat) • carb. 13g • pro. 3g • fat 3g • sat. fat 2g
• chol. 30mg • sod. 148mg • calc. 32mg • f iber 0g
1. Fit the Griddler® Deluxe with the griddle plates and preheat to 350°F.
2. While the grill is preheating combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk to blend.
3. Combine the buttermilk, egg, melted butter and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add the buttermilk/egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Do not over-mix.
4. Using a ¼-cup measure, drop batter onto the preheated griddle plates. Cook cakes until bubbles form on the surface, about 3 to 4 minutes; flip and cook until done, about 3½ minutes longer.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!