Makes 50 bruschetta
Approximate preparation time: 15 to 20 minutes, including toasting and assembly time
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 6 cups tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
Nutritional information per bruschetta: Calories 80 (19% from fat) | carb. 14g | pro. 2g | fat 2g | sat. fat 0g | chol. 0mg | sod. 176mg | calc. 23mg | fiber 1g
- Insert the large metal chopping blade into the large work bowl of the Cuisinart® Food Processor and process the whole garlic cloves until finely chopped. Add the basil to the work bowl and pulse 5 to 6 times to roughly chop. Add the tomatoes and pulse to roughly chop. Strain mixture; put into a large mixing bowl and toss with the salt, pepper, oil and lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub the bread slices with the smashed garlic and place on a baking sheet. Bake in oven to toast, about 5 minutes. Spoon ½ to 1 tablespoon of topping on each toasted slice and serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!